Social Justice Reflection

In this social justice project my issue was about climate change because I feel like it needs more awareness and let everyone know that this is an issue of today and not in the future. We are experiencing a lot of the effects of climate change, like showing there are many natural disasters that are happening and how much stronger they got due to this issue we are facing, but many people feel like it's a myth and not true at all even though we can easily see the effects of climate change in every country. So in my project I added a photo montage saying how climate change is real and added pictures of all the things it's affecting, like the wildlife, the ocean, the forest, the farms, and our air that we breathe in. Also, I added an earth with smoke due to the earth heating up and added text with facts of climate change and how much it's affecting us in every part of the world, and most of the montages wanted to express the importance of climate change and ways we can stop it from getting worse. I had many challenges doing data visualization; for example, in one of my drifts, I drew a factory with smoke coming out and added data in the smoke, and in another, I added a burning tree with fire on it and a tree branch falling off. I added the data inside the tree, and I added some data inside the smoke. But in the end I made pie charts with real data about what produces the most co2 (carbon dioxide) and another pie chart with data on deforestation and what causes it, and I also made a map of the world and added a key showing which continent produces the most greenhouse emissions. Some challenges I faced when using these programs are how to use text threading in InDesign and making the text hierarchy look neat and easily readable for all people. and make it work also in Illustrator on how to make unique shapes for the pie charts, and drawing out the map using the pencil tool in Illustrator was hard because I needed it to be just right so it could look like the map on the whole world. And in Photoshop I had trouble finding good images that have high resolution and that work with my ideas also on how to make the crop look neat when you zoom in and make it look good. My ideas changed a lot during the spreads, like my ideas of how to use data visualization and how to draw things out in Illustrator, and my ideas on how to organize my work in InDesign also changed, and I made 2 parts part 1 on how to stop climate change and part 2 on how it's affecting us in all parts of the world, and in Photoshop I changed my ideas on showing how climate change affected us to changing it and making it into how to stop it from getting worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

industry pay research

Data Visualization Inspiration

Made in America